Location: Dallas, Texas
Number of students: 48 in 2016; 54 in 2017; 60 in 2018
Application Cycle: April - September 1st through CASPA
Interview dates: September - January
Start date: May
Length of Program: 30 months
Public/Private: Public with preference to Texas residents
HCE: "Strongly recommended"
GPA: Minimum 3.0 overall and science
The Good Stuff:
- Impressive pass rates - 100% first time pass rate for the past 8 years
- Full cadaver dissection lab
- GRE must have been taken within the last 5 years
- Interview process - 2-day interview with 10 mini-interviews
- <10% of the class is out of state
- Prerequisite courses must be completed before you matriculate, and must have been completed within the last 10 years
- Encouraged to have experience volunteering with underserved populations
- This program has by far the best and most thorough website I've seen for a PA program. They seem extremely organized.
- The tuition rates for this school are awesome. In-state total is estimated around 33,000 and out of state is 76,000.
- A blog post with an interview from a UTSW student. And another one as well! There are some others on this site as well.
- Here is a blog post from a previous student at UT Southwestern, and so if you're interested in this program, his site may provide some insight
Program Link: University of Texas Southwestern PA Program
For the most up to date information on PA programs in one place, check out The Applicant’s Manual of Physician Assistant Programs. (Affiliate link)