Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
Number of students: 50
Application Cycle: April - September 1st through CASPA and supplemental app (rolling admissions)
Interview dates: June-December
Start date: August
Length of Program: 3 years
Public/Private: Public, but no preference to New Jersey residents
HCE: Required, but no minimum hours
GPA: Minimum overall and science GPA of 3.2; recommended to take courses within the last 10 years
Shadowing: Required, but no minimum hours
The Good Stuff:
- "3+3" programs - Rutgers works with many different universities in New Jersey to allow undergraduates to do 3 years of undergraduate work and gain their bachelors, and then complete the 3 years of PA school, for a total of 6 years of school. Students apply during their 2nd year and then must maintain a 3.2 GPA, finish their undergraduate degree, and successfully interview.
- MPH/PA program - There is a 4 year joint Masters of Public Health and PA program available as well.
- Part-time option - The part-time option is 4 years with part time classes for the first 2 years and then 2 years of full time clinicals.
- GRE not required (unless applying to MPH program)
- iPads are used in the clinical years
- They have a live and online option of a PANCE/PANRE review that can be done for continuing education
Program Link: Rutgers University PA Program
For the most up to date information on PA programs in one place, check out The Applicant’s Manual of Physician Assistant Programs. (Affiliate link)