Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Number of students: 54
Application Cycle: April - September 1st through CASPA with supplemental app; non-rolling
Interview dates: October, November, December
Start date: May
Length of Program: 27 months
HCE: Minimum 1,000 hrs direct patient care
GPA: CASPA Science (biology, chemistry, physics) and last 45 hours must be >3.0
Shadowing: No specific requirement
The Good Stuff:
- Option to participate in free clinics, international rotations
- Special program for students from Hawaii - Must have a desire to return to practice in Hawaii. Didactic year will be completed in Oregon, and then clinical preference will be given for Hawaii locations.
- Rural Health Care Track - Option to apply while in school for more specialized training for working in rural health
- Veterans Outreach Initiative - Top 7 veteran applicants will be given interviews for the program.
- Prerequisites must be completed by December of the year before you graduate.
- Bachelor's Degree Completion Option - If you do not have a Bachelor's degree and are accepted, you may get a degree from Pacific University after your first year if you qualify.
- No GRE requirement
- A&P must be done within 7 years
Program Link: Pacific University PA Program Website
For the most up to date information on PA programs in one place, check out The Applicant’s Manual of Physician Assistant Programs. (Affiliate link)