Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Number of students: 41
Application Cycle: April - August 1 through CASPA w/ supplemental app
Interview dates: Invites out in October for November intervies
Start date: Early May
Length of Program: 27 months
Public/Private: Public, but no preference given to residents of Utah
HCE: Minimum 2,000 hours
GPA: Minimum 3.0 with minimum C in all courses
Shadowing: Not required
The Good Stuff:
- This interview with 2 current students in the program is a pretty good representation of most PA programs.
- Coursework must be completed by the summer before matriculation (so while applying)
- No GRE required
- No specific requirement for Organic Chemistry
- After 1 year, students may apply for in-state status
- They offer information sessions
- International rotation options in Thailand or Guatemala
- The supplemental application is a time-limited form where you answer short essay style questions on the spot.
- The interview process seems to be a little different here. In October they send out either an interview invite, a waitlist for an interview, or rejections. It's a 2-day interview with a group session and a test over medical terminology, anatomy, and other assorted subjects.
Program Link: University of Utah PA Program