Location: Galveston, TX
Number of students: 80-90 students
Application Cycle: CASPA with supplemental application by September 1st
Interview dates: ~August - December
Start date: July
Length of Program: 26 months
Public/Private: Public, but no preference to TX residents
HCE: No specific requirement, but recommended
GPA: Minimum overall and science of 3.0, with a minimum C in all prerequisites
Shadowing: No specific requirement, but recommended
The Good Stuff:
- Open house information sessions are available, and are typically on Friday afternoons.
- There is no time restraint on how long ago courses were taken, but if more than 10 years old, it is recommended to repeat anatomy and physiology.
- Interview - one on one with 2 faculty members (about 20 minutes each)
- There's a bridge program with the respiratory therapy program at UTMB. During the last year of the program, 4 students are invited to interview, and 2 are chosen to begin the PA program after completing the RT program and work as an RT for a year.
- Also a bridge program with Clinical Laboratory Sciences program, and up to 4 students may transition into the PA Program
- They have a long waitlist after interviews with known number on the list, and last year went to #36 on the list, so that's pretty significant!
- Here is a video interview with a student from UTMB
Program Link: UTMB PA Program