Location: Winston-Salem or Boone, North Carolina
Number of students: 64 at Winston-Salem, 32 at Boone
Application Cycle: April - September 1st through CASPA + supplemental application ($100 fee)
Interview dates: September - December
Start date: June
Length of Program: 24 months
HCE: 1,000 hours
Shadowing: No specific requirement
The Good Stuff:
- They just recently opened a new campus in Boone!
- There are open house events at both campuses you can attend to get more information.
- Teaching style is called "inquiry based learning," or small-group, self-directed learning, which is a style a lot of medical schools are moving towards as well
- If you don't end up going there for school, they do accept students for clinical rotations from outside programs
- They do require a genetics course, which is not something that is as commonly required
- No specific organic chemistry requirement
- No employment is allowed while in the program
- A computer is provided for use by the school while in the program
- Emerging Leaders Program - If you also have an interest in the business side of things, Wake Forest offers a 34 month program where you start with getting a Masters in Management and then attending the PA Program
- Joint PhD program - You start the PhD program and can apply anytime during the first 3 years for the PA program. The cool part is that your clinical research experience counts towards your 1,000 hours.
Program Link: Wake Forest PA Program